Reports to: President, Licensure and Certification
Location: Glendale, CA
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for all marketing and proposal oversight in the Licensure and Certification business unit. Member of business unit leadership team with responsibility for developing and implementing strategic marketing plans to achieve Licensure and Certification goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement a unified, innovative marketing vision
- Grow presence and awareness in online and offline marketing channels
- Provide cross functional leadership and vision for PSI’s expanding Consumer Products
- Develop marketing strategy based on knowledge of market segments, market research, nature of market nuances, competitive offerings and current margin considerations
- Develop plan to partner with clients in combined marketing programs
- Manage the annual marketing budget, making smart, effective and efficient investments that deliver a highly attractive ROI
- Shape vision of online presence via social media, PR and thought leadership
- Establish and maintain a consistent brand and unique selling proposition throughout all marketing initiatives
- Ensure web site, sales collateral, proposals and all other client related materials are up to date and consistently reflect our brand position and USP
- Coordinate any public relations efforts
- Oversee all trade show participation
- Oversee and assist in the ongoing development of proposals, responses to request for information (RFIs and RFPs) and other proposal related documents needed for new and existing business opportunities
- Manage proposal department staffing and coordinate work with cross-functional subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and timely completion of proposal responses.
- Manage and direct marketing staff including recruitment, training and development
- Develop competitive analysis database by monitoring and tracking competition
- Work closely with marketing leaders across other PSI business units for continuity and consistency in branding
- Results Focused: Infuse the team and office with a sense of purpose and create clear accountability. Establish a track record as a reliable, “go to” performer. Set and adjust priorities effectively; remove barriers and act with an appropriate sense of urgency. Energize others to excel and continuously improve.
- Influence/Teamwork: Develop strong business partnerships and credibility with colleagues. Offer new ideas and build support for making significant change. Ask questions and listen to gain input and insight. Foster an open exchange of ideas.
- Communicate clearly and concisely. Resolve differences/conflict in a constructive manner.
- Partner with direct reports and engage with other staff to foster exceptional and productive internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 12 or more years of marketing experience centered around growth and product marketing
- 5 or more years of experience in a marketing leadership role; managing a team and working cross-functionally
- Experience implementing strategies to accelerate growth via e-commerce, email and social media
- Strong preference for marketing experience across strategy consulting, professional services, retail, and/or information technology and services.
- Ability to successfully deliver on KPIs especially top-line and bottom line business results; demonstrated ability to take high-level objectives and leverage data to draw out insights
- Broad experience in CRM, Salesforce, and/or similar platforms is preferred
- Must be self-driven and able to thinking strategically with an eye towards accomplishing both short and long-term initiatives
- Creative yet structured thinker
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task
- Travel 20-30% including client meetings, conferences or events
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code MARKETING DIRECTOR in the subject line.