Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Glendale, CA
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
The Junior Financial Analyst must be comfortable with accounting procedures and experience with ERP systems. This role will be responsible for financial reporting and preparing annual budgets.
- Support team with analyzing and reporting monthly financials to senior leadership
- Support in creating and preparing the annual budget
- Creates and maintains reporting tools, reporting templates and tools to facilitate production of financial reports and analysis
- Identify key variance drivers and provide meaningful explanations
- Management of all data flows into the planning and reporting environments, including governance and validation of hierarchies, security groups, and financial data
- Drive process improvement to continually improve and automate financial processes
- Understand key performance measures and indicators that drive reporting and analytics
- Complete special projects/tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, sumifs) and PowerPoint (creating presentations, adding tables)
- Basic knowledge of MS Word
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate and quality conscious
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, often under time constraints and rapid changing circumstances
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of staff in person and remotely
- 1 to 2 year’s experience in Finance or Accounting a plus
- Working knowledge with Financial Reporting Systems such as PROPHIX or Oracle Essbase
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code FINAN ANALYST in the subject line.