Reports to: Director of HR
Location: Carmel, IN
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
Responsible for HR related duties at a senior professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, onboarding, labor relations, affirmative action and employee equity programs, code of conduct and ethics.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Recruits job applicants to fill entry level, professional, and technical job openings
- Manages the job requisition process
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements
- Conducts new hire orientation
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the Management team
- Responds to all EEOC and/or NLRB charges
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, or a related field or equivalent years of human resources experience
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Generalist.
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain US Government Security Clearance
- Drug free workplace
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required at times to stand, walk, and use hands.
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code HR GENERALIST in the subject line.