Reports to: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Olathe, KS
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
PSI is seeking a Java Developer to join our successful E-Assessment, E-learning and User Adoption product development team. Will be working on the full lifecycle of our web applications and services and will be responsible for expanding the company’s delivery capabilities, be imaginative and lead by example by adhering to our development standards and processes. The role requires a self-starter, able to understand business requirements and use best practices to implement effective development solutions.
- Design, architect and develop enterprise class web applications.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, product managers and engineers to build modern, scalable, user friendly and functionally robust web applications.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment and ability to estimate requirements as needed.
- Comfortable learning and applying new technologies to enhance application usability and performance.
- Enhance and support existing application functionality which includes new feature development, code refactoring, and resolving complex code issues as reported.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Java developing experience with background in developing web applications and providing on-going software maintenance and support.
- Relevant technical certifications preferred.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and communicate project status accurately.
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude and attention to detail; work in a fast paced environment
- Java: Java SE 6/7, J2SE 5.0 and 1.4 ; JEE 5 and J2EE 1.4/1.3 (EJB 3.0, 2.1 Message Driven, Stateless Session, Shared Libraries); JMS (point-to-point/publishsubscribe) & JDBC; JSP 2.1/2.0, Servlet 3.0/2.4, JSTL 1.2/1.1
- Java related: Spring 3.0 (IoC / AOP); Hazelcast; Apache commons libraries; Apache JMeter
- Application Server: Apache Tomcat web server; Apache HTTP server
- IDE, Build & Continuous Integration: Git / Subversion / Visual Source Safe; Jenkins / Hudson; Eclipse / IntelliJ IDEA / WebStorm
- Database: DB2, MySQL, SQL Server
- General / OS: Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu; Windows; Docker; Atlassian JIRA / Confluence
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code JAVA DEV in the subject line.