Reports to: Assistant Controller
Location: Glendale, CA
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services and biometric identification authentication services. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
The Junior Tax Account will be responsible for preparing all documents related to tax data, filings and payments while also acting as the primary point of contact on such matters with external clients and agencies. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns on a monthly basis
- Work with third party software systems to compile VAT data
- Prepare tax journal entries
- Prepare and submit sales and use tax returns in compliance with state and local jurisdictions
- Register and renew business licenses with state and local jurisdictions
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and agencies with questions related to tax data, filings and payments
- Prepare and maintain a list of local and foreign statutory compliance requirements
- Utilize best practices
- Other accounting related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Tax Accounting
- Fundamental computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently
- Detail-oriented and willing to take ownership of the tasks and projects given
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code TAX ACCT in the subject line.