PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services and biometric identification authentication services. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
Responsible for leading US payroll operations in compliance with all federal and local regulations, accounting and financial management standards, internal reporting, policies and procedures.
- Manage the entire payroll function partnering with Human Resources and Finance, to ensure accurate and timely transfers of data.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll for a fast paced, growing, multi-state company including, but not limited to, new hires, terminations, bonuses, leaves of absence (LOA), direct deposits, wage garnishments, vacation accruals, tax changes, off-cycle checks and healthcare premium deductions.
- Manage third party payroll related vendors, ensuring compliance in all areas of payroll and work directly with employees to resolve outstanding payroll inquiries.
- Lead all audit and compliance activity including the quarterly and annual financial statement audits, internal audit team requests, requests from federal, state and local tax authorities, worker’s compensation audits and other external data and reporting requests.
- Prepare and manage weekly reporting and month end journaling.
- Partner with ADP for all tax payments, verification of data and preparation of federal, state and local tax reports. Continually track federal, state, and local legal requirements and ensure adherence to laws; advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required
- Minimum ten (10) years of multi-state payroll processing experience for 1000+ employees, with a minimum seven (7) years ADP experience required, ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification highly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and judgement skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to see big picture in setting up payroll calculations, that are reflective of company policies
- Confidence and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Payroll subject matter expertise to advise all levels of management on best practices
- Knowledge of multi-state, federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code PM in the subject line.