Reports to: Manager, Proposal Development & Marketing
Location: Olathe, KS
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
Responsible for researching, writing, and editing proposals and will work closely with the Manager and other staff to develop final proposals compliant with RFP requirements. Candidate must be able to quickly grasp complex business concepts and write effectively. We require individuals with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Read and interpret certification testing RFPs
- Follow RFP outlines to develop customer-focused, compliant proposals
- Use boilerplate templates and existing proposal documents to write executive summaries, scopes of work, management plans, corporate qualifications, and other proposal sections
- Customize each proposal based on PSI’s bid strategy
- Develop and create new proposal content based on information elicited from operations, test development, IT and program management staff
- Develop conceptual images, process flowcharts, diagrams, and other graphics needed for written sections
- Maintain and update the proposal boilerplate sections and organize all proposal documentation and supporting materials
- Work closely with the staff throughout the proposal review process
- Provide proofreading support
- Responsible for validating style, consistency, grammar, and syntax of the final document
- Prepare final proposal documents for electronic and/or hardcopy submission with tasks to include creating and bookmarking PDF files, compiling support documentation, coordinating with the Print Shop, printing materials, copying files to zip drive, etc.
- Assist with other marketing tasks as needed including the development of marketing collateral, graphic design concepts, assisting with trade show shipments, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, English or Journalism preferred
- 3+ years of experience in writing technical business proposals
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, often under time constraints and rapid changing circumstances
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of staff in person and remotely
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and quality conscious
- Experience in creation of marketing communications documents and/or graphics content (knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Experience with database management tools (Salesforce preferred)
- Position may require periods of non-traditional hours including evenings or weekends on occasion
- Minimal travel may be required
- Ability to lift 25lbs
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code PROPOSAL WRITER in the subject line.