Company: PSI Services LLC
Location: 2950 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA or Remote
Job Code: PSYCH
Professional Test Development opportunity with PSI Services LLC located in Burbank, CA or may be remote.
- Performing assignments to lead and support the construction, maintenance, and validation of professional certification tests
- Designing and conducting job/practice analysis studies, including surveys and focus groups
- Developing test specifications
- Developing test items for written and performance exams
- Facilitating exam development workshops, committee meetings, and training sessions, which includes travel
- Conducting statistical analyses of items, constructing item banks and examinations, and evaluating exams using CTT and IRT methods
- Designing and implementing equating, linking, and item banking designs
- Conducting standard setting studies
- Providing consultation services and guidance to professional associations regarding the development and maintenance of certification examinations, including support for NCCA and ISO accreditation requirements
- Writing technical reports
- Making presentations at conferences, client meetings, and business development settings.
- Ph.D. in Educational Measurement & Statistics, Quantitative Research Methods, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Psychometrics, or highly-related discipline
- At least 5 years experience in test development and psychometric methods required
- Graduate training and experience in psychometrics, measurement theory, test development, validation, item bias, standard setting
- Knowledge of SAS or SPSS, Excel, and Word required.
- Experience in using of IRT software programs (i.e. Winsteps, Parscale, BILOG) and CTT applications strongly preferred
- Experience with large-scale testing programs, including Certification and/or Licensure applications preferred
- Experience with NCCA and ISO 17024 accreditation standards strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Must be well versed in psychometric methods, measurement principles, test design, and validation
- Oral communication skills are important to make client presentations, facilitate examination committees, and participate in professional organizations.
- Written communication skills are needed to prepare technical reports, develop validation documents, and maintain email correspondence with clients and team members
- Analytical skills are required to identify, evaluate, and solve assessment-related problems
- Teamwork skills are required to work in a collaborative environment with other measurement professionals and support staff
- Project management skills are required to effectively manage multiple project assignments, timelines, deliverables, and milestones
If you are interested in the Psychometrician position, please submit your resume to HRIS@PSIONLINE.COM with job code PSYCH on the subject.