Reports to: Senior VP Certification Services
Location: Olathe, KS or Washington DC or Remote
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services and biometric identification authentication services. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
Business Development Manager will be responsible for building relationships with new potential clients, responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) or Requests for Information (RFIs). Will define the strategy to close new client contracts, respond to prospect’s needs and facilitate a smooth handoff to the Certification Account Manager and Implementation team. Throughout the prospecting process, this individual serves as the primary client contact and will coordinate internal resources when responding to prospect requirements and proposals, such as Marketing, Account Management, Operations, Psychometric Services, Technology and other departments to ensure a clear response and increase the potential for client acquisition. Will be responsible to make yearly new revenue targets, under the guidance of the strategy market plans in the Certification division.
- Manage client relationships with up to 300 assigned organizations to drive new revenue, as well as upsell existing clients in coordination with their assigned account manager
- Understand the client’s needs and the internal resources available throughout pre-sales, sales, contracting, and implementation lifecycle by clearly and proactively managing communications between Clients staff and internal business units
- Understand broader Certification market trends – learn to become marketplace expert as viewed by client
- Understand, contribute to, and refine Certification Market Application Plans applicable to assigned clients, and report on progress for noted clients within these plans
- Research, create, and refine bid strategies to drive bid/no-bid decisions on RFIs, RFPs, and non-RFP proposal or sales opportunities. Become PSI’s internal expert on the prospect/client, sales opportunities, competitive dynamics, and client personnel
- Manage and report on prospects/clients at every stage of the sales process, including pre-sales, proposal creation, proposal review, closing, and contracting stages
- Coordinate the proposal creation and refinement process, in conjunction with the Certification proposal team
- Proactively and diligently work to close proposals through bid meetings, sales presentations, and other client contact
- In conjunction with the VP of Certification, draft and negotiate with the client a final Master Services Agreement and associated Statements of Work
- Upon contractual close, transition the client to the implementation team. Through communication and monitoring, ensure smooth transition to Account Manager and implementation team
- Collaborate with Account Managers to ensure contract renewals occur in a timely fashion, with no client disruption
- Stay in regular contact with prospects and clients to anticipate and make recommendations for new sales opportunities, while being exceptionally responsive to client requests
- Maintain notes of client communications within PSI CRM, currently Salesforce
- Travel to prospect/client sites when required
- Attend all Certification team, Sales team, client sales meetings, and client implementation meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field; or related work experience may be considered.
- 2-5 years or more experience in a business development or sales role required.
- Self-motivated, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong phone and email skills and etiquette.
- Excellent networking and marketing skills.
- Strong time management skills; well-organized, flexible to change, detail oriented, technically savvy and able to balance multiple prospect/client priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
- Proficient with major CRM systems.
- Up to 35% travel is required to include client meetings, department meetings, conferences and events.
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code BD MANAGER in the subject line.