Reports to: Manager Systems Enterprise
Location: Olathe, KS
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
Sr. Network Engineer will perform complex technical installation of network equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other devices. This role is specifically to help maintain and grow PSI’s network infrastructure, which supports critical applications and services provided to PSI and its customers.
- Design, implement and operate large, complex network infrastructure for PSI’s various locations.
- Deliver solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a timely manner across a complex network.
- Responsible for assessing business, providing cost estimates, creating documentation and producing schedules for Network infrastructure installations.
- Mentor others in peer technical design reviews by providing skilled technical advice in network planning, design, engineering, and architecture.
- Interface with vendors as technical liaisons to identify and coordinate the purchase of appropriate network or communication-related hardware and software.
- Provide input into the company’s network strategy for the direction and implementation of future network technology and network-related technical standards.
- Conduct technical research, perform vendor comparisons, and analyze cost requirements for their recommendations.
- Perform complex analysis of hardware and software configurations to ensure audit and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of IT Network experience
- CCNA or CCNP preferred
- Must have experience with Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco routers/switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco VPN
- A thorough understanding of VLANs and other LAN topologies
- Ability to understand a complex network with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and know when to seek help or other guidance
- Travel up to 20%
- Load Balancer experience (Barracuda, specifically)
- SolarWinds experience
- Experience in gathering information from NetFlow
- Experience with MPLS
- Experience with Cisco UCS Network Interconnects
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code NETWORK ENGINEER in the subject line.