Reports to: Manager Systems Enterprise
Location: Olathe, KS
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
The Systems Engineer will help build out, maintain, and support our rapidly expanding IT infrastructure, including physical servers, virtual environments, and some networking.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage and maintain SANs and other storage architectures
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 3-5 Years’ of Systems Administration or related IT experience
- Experience administrating Windows 2012 and Windows 2016
- Experience administrating AD domains
- An understanding of SANs and common SAN connections, whether iSCSI or Fiber Channel
- A minimal understanding of network topologies such as VLANs
- Experience in administrating a virtual environment (Hyper-V, VMWare, Xenserver, etc.)
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and know when to seek help or other guidance
- Must be willing to assist with Tier 2 help desk when the occasion calls for it
- Must be able to follow a project from beginning to end, providing updates along the way
- Must be able to prioritize time, and manage projects to completion
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Our contracts with several government clients require candidates to be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain US Government Security Clearance
- Experience with Cisco UCS Blades/Other blade environments
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Load Balancer experience (Barracuda, specifically)
- Exchange (2013, 2016) experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code SYSTEMS ENGINEER in the subject line.