Reports to: Director of Test Development
Location: Olathe, KS
PSI has 70 years of experience with providing solutions to federal and state agencies, corporations, professional associations, higher education institutions, and certifying bodies worldwide. We offer a comprehensive solutions approach from test development to delivery to results processing which includes pre-hire employment selection, managerial assessments, licensing and certification tests, license management services and professional services.
PSI, a leader in the assessment industry, provides various solutions through its multiple business channels including talent assessments (of job-seeking candidates as well as employee development programs), licensure testing services (for government regulatory agencies), certification credentialing services (for professional associations), license management services, biometric identification authentication services, and higher education. PSI offers clients various solutions to measure, assess and identify the skills, abilities, traits and identities of individuals seeking jobs, licensure, or certification credentials.
The Test Development Specialist (TDS) is responsible for all tasks related to the development of Licensing and Credentialing Examinations which adhere to the requirements detailed in each client’s contract and industry practices.
- Directing and facilitating client meetings while documenting committee actions, navigating testing software, and maintaining test specifications
- Item database management, including editing items and defining item bank needs
- Assembling test forms that meet prescribed criteria, and documenting those results
- Providing test development expertise in all facets related to client item banks and tests
- Coordinating with other departments, including psychometrics, test scoring, and publishing
- Performing quality control of the final test products to ensure they meet company/client standards
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to two years editing and customer service experience preferred.
- Strong client management or customer service background.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, often under time constraints.
- Accurately type a minimum of 60 words per minute; excellent proofreading, language, and editing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions carefully and thoroughly; must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and quality conscious.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Technical writing experience is helpful.
- Experience with database management, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint preferred.
- BA/BS in English or Journalism preferred; Business or related degree.
*Although content-specific questions are edited for grammar and syntax, please note that this job does not require creative writing skills.
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job code TD SPECIALIST I in the subject line.