Reports to: Director of Test Development
Location: Olathe, KS
The Test Development Specialist II (TDS) is responsible for all tasks related to the development of Licensing and Credentialing Examinations, client presentations, and project management which adhere to the requirements detailed in each client’s contract and industry practices.
- Directing and facilitating client meetings while documenting committee actions, navigating testing software, and maintaining test specifications
- Project management, manage multiple project assignments, timelines, deliverables, and milestones.
- Item database management, including editing items and defining item bank needs
- Assembling test forms that meet prescribed criteria, and documenting those results
- Providing test development expertise in all facets related to client item banks and tests
- Coordinating with other departments, including psychometrics, test scoring, and publishing
- Performing quality control of the final test products to ensure they meet company/client standards
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 years editing experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of client management or customer service experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, often under time constraints.
- Accurately type a minimum of 60 words per minute; excellent proofreading, language, and editing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions carefully and thoroughly; must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and quality conscious.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Technical writing experience is helpful.
- Experience with database management, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint preferred.
- Travel is required 20%.
- BA/BS in English or Journalism preferred; Business or related degree.
*Although content-specific questions are edited for grammar and syntax, please note that this job does not require creative writing skills.
PSI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code TD SPECIALIST II in the subject line.