Job Title: Test Development Specialist
Location: Glendale, CA
Professional Test Development opportunity with a growing and profitable Glendale company. Candidate will be responsible for
- Performing assignments related to the construction, maintenance and validation of licensure and certification tests.
- Designing and conducting job analysis studies, including surveys and focus groups
- Developing test content specifications
- Developing test items for written and/or performance exams
- Facilitating exam development workshops, committee meetings, and training sessions, which includes travel
- Conducting statistical analyses of items, constructing examinations, and evaluating exams post-launch
- Conducting standard setting studies
- Writing technical reports
- Performing specialized research related to test construction and validation.
- Master’s strongly preferred; Ph.D. desirable
- At least 5 years experience in test development required.
- Training and experience in psychometrics preferred.
- Knowledge of SAS or SPSS, Excel and Word required.
- Experience with Licensure/Certification testing required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Must be well versed in measurement principles, test construction, and test validation.
- Oral communication skills are important to make client presentations, coordinate examination review committees, and participate in professional organizations.
- Written communication skills are needed to prepare technical reports and develop validation documents.
- Analytical skills are required to identify evaluate and solve assessment-related problems.
- Teamwork skills are required to work in a collaborative environment with other measurement professionals and support staff.
- Project management skills are required to effectively manage multiple project assignments, timelines, deliverables, and milestones.
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com; please reference job code TEST DEV in the subject line.